Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rome if you want to!

I was so glad to get to hotter weather when I landed in Italy.  Sweden and even Germany were cooler than usual this summer, but Rome was HOT!  I hadn't really thought about the fact that Rome was a famous city with lots of tourists...until we set out our first day for Vatican City.  There were tons of people from all over the world everywhere and lines for everything!  It kind of reminded me of touring D.C. in the blazing heat.  I think I'll have to tour other major cities in the cooler months!  It was strange, sometimes, touring a famous city because most of the foreign cities I travel to with students tend to be university cities that aren't quite as famous.  So this was a whole new experience!  Here are just a few of the sights of Rome!
Trevi fountain at night (we threw coins in to insure we'd come back one day!)

Vatican City (it was hugh and I decided being the Pope must be a lonely job)

Allie & I on the Spanish Steps

Of course, I'd pick the Carolina blue moped to drive if I lived in Rome...

Ludvic's neighborhood-Trastevere

Colosseum 

My new artistic inspiration: window box art!

No comments:

Post a Comment