Saturday, June 6, 2009

Finland Bound


Today, our team heads to Finland for a mid-project retreat! We've been going strong for the last few weeks and hopefully this will be a time of refreshment for all of us! We're headed on a boat for an overnight trip and land in Helsinki on Monday morning. I've heard from my Finnish friends I've met that Finland is known for their saunas. Apparently you sit in a steam room and beat your back with branches, then jump into a pool of cold, cold water. I'm not sure I'll be trying that this trip, but you never know what will happen! I always like to experience the culture to the fullest. We catch the boat in Stockholm, so we'll get some more time in the city on the way back, which is great because I really loved the part in the old town (Gamla stan) called Stortorget (it's a medieval square).The weather is supposed to still be cold and rainy, so I may spend some time holed up in a coffee shop and journal some. I'll be sure to post some more pictures when I get back! Enjoy the warm weather in America for me! It's been a cold June thus far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment